Defend and Resist
I know we have covered summer colds, but I wanted to touch on the Defend and Resist again. This product is quickly moving to my all time favorites list! Emma woke up sneezing and a runny nose on Friday. It appeared to be allergies. But by about 2pm, it was clearly a cold coming on. I reached for the Defend and Resist. For adults, it says to take 6 a day. Emma is almost 2. So, I did the math based on the fact that most OTC meds consider adults to be 12 and up. She needed only 1 tablet of the Defend and Resist. So, I handed her one and she quickly ate it…she’s very good about taking her vitamins. I gave her one again on Saturday and by Sunday, no more runny nose or sneezing! I still gave her the Defend and Resist on Sunday and again today just to be safe, but all cold symptoms are gone! That has got to be record time in my book.
A little bit about Defend and Resist
The immune system protects the body from bacteria, viruses, fungi, and other harmful organisms. At times of the year when you’re more likely to be slowed down by immune challenges, it’s more important than ever to keep your immune system up to speed.
Scientific studies suggest that along with a healthy diet and getting enough rest, consuming certain herbal ingredients can help you be prepared for the moment when you first feel the need to bolster your immune system.* Defend & Resist Complex can help your body respond to seasonal challenges by giving your immune system what it needs to stay strong,* with a unique formula based on standardized extracts of herbs.
- Stimulates the body’s natural resistance* — Echinacea purpurea is the most studied herb species. Echinacea contains plant components (herb and root) rich in cichoric acid, and alkylamides with immunoactive properties.*
- Maintains a healthy immune response* — Black Elderberry is a rich source of polyphenols and anthocyanadins, powerful phytonutrients that help maintain the immune system.*
- Enhances immune support* — Larch Tree enhances Echinacea’s benefits with immunoactive arabinogalactans extracted from the heartwood of the LarchTree.*
- Provides Zinc — Daily intake of Zinc is important for proper immune function.*
WHO MIGHT BENEFIT FROM DEFEND & RESIST COMPLEX?
- Anyone looking for a natural product that supports healthy immune function in the face of seasonal challenges.
- People who would like to minimize the “downtime” sometimes experienced during seasonal transitions.
- Adults and children who want to be prepared for the first moment they feel the need to bolster their immune system. (See below for recommended use.)
HOW SHOULD DEFEND & RESIST COMPLEX BE USED?
Defend & Resist Complex is offered in tablet form. Tablets may be swallowed, dissolved in the mouth, then chewed, or even crushed and mixed as a tea without degrading the benefits of the herbs. To supercharge the immune system when you start to feel the need,* take six tablets daily for about seven days. Recommended serving size for children 4–12 years is 2–4 tablets per day for about seven days.
There are four ways to take the six-tablet daily serving of Defend & Resist Complex throughout the day:
- Drink it dissolved in hot water as a tea. s Dissolve it in your mouth, then chew.
IS THERE SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE FOR THE INGREDIENTS IN DEFEND & RESIST COMPLEX?
Recent studies have shown that cichoric acid and alkylamides found in the Echinacea plant have immunoactive properties.* It has also been demostrated that these phytonutrients occur in higher concentrations in the leafy parts of the plant than in the root. In laboratory tests, Echinacea boosts the production and activity of white blood cells.* Echinacea provides natural support for the body’s immune system.*1
Black Elderberries are a rich source of antioxidant compounds called anthocyanidins and polyphenols. Scientific studies have shown that Elderberry extract can help the body maintain a healthy immune response.*2
There is evidence that Echinacea’s benefits are enhanced by immunoactive arabinogalactans that are extracted from the heartwood of the Larch Tree.* Scientific studies show that arabinogalactans, polysaccharides found in Larch cells, boost important indicators of immune system function.*
WHY CHOOSE DEFEND & RESIST COMPLEX?
- Exclusive blend of immunoactive ingredients shown to stimulate the body’s natural resistance during seasonal challenges*
- Formulated with standardized extracts to provide the levels of phytonutrients reflected in the scientific literature
- Extremely versatile product form — can be swallowed, dissolved in the mouth, then chewed, or crushed and made into a soothing tea
At a cost of only $20.35 ($17.30 for members) for 90 capsules, I will definitely be keeping the Defend and Resist in stock…especially through the fall and winter. My kiddos don’t get sick much, but I am thinking it will be great to give them when they have been around other sick kiddos. It obviously works!