Summer Activities for Kiddos
Hot summer days are here…well not that it’s been too hot here in Texas, but I am sure they are coming. The question remains of what to do with our kiddos. Here are a few summer activities for the kids that I have come up with…
1. Local Water Park Passes – This is sure to cool you and the kiddos off. I purchased season passes for $40 each. Emma is still free, so that helped. Not to mention that with a season pass, we can go up for an hour or two a day and not feel like I am not getting my money’s worth. With little ones, you don’t want to keep them out in the sun too long and to pay for a daily admission and only stay an hour or so seems like a waste of money to me. You can also try out the local city pools too.
2. Summer Reading at the Library – Not only will this get those kiddos reading, but there are also various activities the library will put on throughout the program. The best part….it’s FREE
3. Museum Passes – Museums are uually so expensive for a day pass. Look into a year pass for your family. We bought a pass to our local museum for $100 for the year. Talk about a deal. We can go when we want, stay as long or short as we want, and the best part…the air conditioning on a HOT day 🙂
4. Zoo – So this may not seem so great on a hot summer day, but inTexas we kinda get used to being outside in the heat. However, the zoo is great on a cloudy overcast day. Our year family pass was $160 and includes admission, parking, free rides inside, and discounts on food and drink. I get a nanny in on that price too…not that I have one, but if you do 🙂 I think there is a $100 family pass as well.
6. Summer Camp – I didn’t want to put my kiddos into everyay summer camp. But then I remembered how much fun I had at camp. So, I found one that is two days a weeks and runs for 4 weeks. $150 per session. At the age of 4, Bryan is having a blast.
Have more summer activities for the kiddos? Let me know and we will get them posted! I am sure everyone is always looking for new and fun ideas!